The Mondrian Soho has been my home away from home while in New York this time. It’s a canopied oasis of calm in one of my favorite neighborhoods where everything I need is only a stone’s throw away. I love wandering around the cobblestoned streets and discovering something unique each day, whether it be a new clothing label or cool cafe.
Here’s the quick and dirty on the Mondrian:
- Book a deluxe one-bedroom suite on a higher floor and watch the sun setting over the Hudson.
- Raid the minibar for some old-fashioned candies.
- Try the Malin + Goetz toiletries in the rain shower.
- Use the hotel-supplied iPad to order room service.
- Grab a drink in the whimsical Imperial 9 restaurant full of glass chandeliers.
- Feel uninhibited with floor-to-ceiling windows, even in the showers.
- Ask for anything. They’ll make it happen.